PPI Claim Deadline
PPI Claim Deadline
The PPI claim deadline has been set for 29th August 2019, after which you will be unable to make a claim to be compensated for mis-sold PPI compensation.
Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) was originally designed to cover credit payments on mortgages, loans, car finance, credit cards and store cards, in the event of an accident, sickness or redundancy.
Banks and credit providers made huge profits from selling the toxic product, which were generally of no use due to the number of exclusions within the policy.
The profits proved far too tempting to banks which, coupled with weak regulation, led to PPI being mis-sold to tens of millions of UK consumers using various tactics, including adding the policy without the knowledge of the customer.
August 2019 appears to be some way off at this moment, but banks are being forced to pay for a substantial advertising campaign which is expected to begin just after the summer of 2017. This campaign is widely expected to create a rush of complaints, so it is advised to try to get any claim in before the queues begin.
Let’s just consider some of the facts:
• Millions of people may currently not be aware they were sold PPI
• 53m PPI policies were sold, with only 12m customers having made a successful claim as of January 2016
• Banks initially estimated the final bill to be £25bn. This was surpassed long ago, and we expect the final bill to be in excess of £42.5bn which would equate to an average of £2,249 compensation for each of the 18.9m households in the UK
• New rules give hope to previously rejected complaints
So, why not utilise Your Money Claim’s PPI checking facility that is able to check archived records with banks without the need for account numbers. If PPI is found we can build your case using our expertise and extensive knowledge of insurance sales regulations and the consumer credit act to ensure the most comprehensive case is put forward.
It could be the most financially rewarding decision you make this year.
Have you had PPI?
PPI was sold on all forms of credit, such as mortgages, loans, car finance, hire purchase agreements, credit cards and store cards.
Not sure whether you’ve been sold PPI?
Our fast and comprehensive checking systems that have been set up with almost all banks allows us to find out whether you’ve been one of the millions who have had PPI.
Not sure whether you qualify? Check here to see whether you may.
Want to know how much you may be owed? Why not try our PPI calculator.
How to make a claim before the deadline?
Option #1: Fill in the ‘Start Your Claim’ form on this page. We’ll send you out a form in the post for you to complete. Once we’ve received the form back in the freepost envelope we provide, we’ll make a start on your PPI claim.
Option #2: Click the ‘Download Claim Pack’ button. Simply print out the form, complete it and send it back to us. Our address and email address can be found here.
Our experts are on hand to answer any questions you have via telephone, email or our live chat facility.
How can Your Money Claim before the PPI deadline?
• Your Money Claim has PPI checking facilities set up with major banks and financial providers, which accesses archived records as far back as they are kept. Account numbers are not required in order for us to carry out these checks.
• Your Money Claim builds cases based on recollections of the customers experiences of how they took out the credit agreement, coupled with a more technical argument centred around insurance sales regulations and the consumer credit act.
• Your Money Claim will keep you updated along the process (check out the claim process here).