Do I Qualify For PPI Compensation?
One of the most common questions we are asked is “do I qualify for PPI compensation”?
Below is a list of statements, and if any of them applied to you when you took out your mortgage, loan, credit card, car finance, hire purchase or store card, there’s a good chance you’ve been mis-sold PPI…
- You worked less than 16 hours per week, or your job was not permanent
- You didn’t ask to take out PPI
- It wasn’t explained that the PPI policy was optional
- You were told you had to have PPI in order for your loan / mortgage / card to be approved
- You were not advised you could buy an alternative policy elsewhere
- The PPI was added to your loan / mortgage / card without your knowledge
- The full cost of the PPI policy wasn’t explained to you
- You had existing medical conditions
- You were not asked about your medical history
- You were entitled to sick pay from your employer
- You settled your loan / mortgage early
- You replaced your loan / mortgage with another loan / mortgage
- You had existing cover elsewhere
Banks and lenders were required to make sure you were eligible for PPI, that the policy was suitable, that you were aware you were taking PPI and that you were aware it was optional.
As the vast majority of PPI sales paid out a commission to the lender and salesperson, it is unsurprising that many tactics were used in order to ensure PPI was sold.
It is these illegal tactics, and yes it was ILLEGAL, that has led to the biggest financial scandal of the modern era.
Millions unaware they’ve had PPI!
With many millions yet to stake their claim, one of the biggest reasons is simply that people are unaware they’ve been sold PPI.
As I mention above, tactics were used in order to ensure customers took PPI, and a major tactic was simply placing PPI on a credit agreement without advising the customer, sometimes hidden away in the small print.
No account numbers needed
Not sure whether you’ve been sold PPI? Our fast and comprehensive checking systems that have been set up with almost all banks and lenders, allows you to find out whether you’ve been one of the millions who have had PPI.
Claiming PPI used to be a stressful and laborious job, dealing with paperwork and the tactics employed by banks as they try to wriggle out of paying compensation on valid claims.
Thankfully, by putting your claim in the hands of Your Money Claim, you can rest assured that our team of experts will build your case, and fight your corner every step of the way.
Start your claim…
Option #1: Fill in the ‘Start Your Claim’ form on this page. We’ll send you out a form in the post for you to complete. Once we’ve received the form back in the freepost envelope we provide, we’ll make a start on your PPI claim.
Option #2: Click the ‘Download Claim Pack’ button. Simply print out the form, complete it and send it back to us. Our address and email address can be found here.
Our experts are on hand to answer any questions you have via telephone, email or our live chat facility.