What Qualifies as a Mis-sold Packaged Bank Account?
Have you had a mis-sold Packaged Bank Account?
The mis-selling of packaged bank accounts is increasingly finding its way into the news columns and bulletins.
It’s touted at the next scandal for the banks after PPI.
One of the main questions we are asked is what actually qualifies as a mis-sold packaged bank account.
Common reasons for mis-sale
Bank sales people were often set targets on selling PBA’s, which led to sales techniques not dis-similar to that of PPI mis-selling.
If any of the following statements are true then get in contact, as you may have been mis-sold a PBA…..
- The bank advised/recommended the account to you
- Your account was ‘upgraded’ without your permission
- You felt pressured into taking the PBA
- You were not offered an alternative free account
- It was not made clear that the PBA was optional
- You were told the only way your mortgage/loan/credit card/overdraft would be approved would be if you took the PBA
- You were told your credit rating would be improved if you took the PBA
- You were told that due to your credit rating, the only account you could have was the PBA
- You’ve never registered / been aware of the insurance products provided by the PBA
- You had similar insurance products elsewhere (mobile/travel/breakdown cover)
- At the time you opened the account you did not own a mobile phone
- At the time you opened the account you did not own a vehicle
- At the time you opened the account you did not travel abroad on holiday / business
- You had medical conditions at the time you took out the PBA
- The bank didn’t make you aware of any exclusions regarding the insurance products on the PBA
- The monthly PBA fee made you go over your agreed overdraft and incur bank charges
Claiming, that’s where we come in!
We can build your case for you, based partly on your recollections of how you took out the account, couple with a more technical argument surrounding sales regulations and consumer contract law.
The banks know that we are aware of their tactics and they know that we won’t go away, we fight to the end, even taking the case to the Financial Ombudsman Service if we need to.
We handle the paperwork for you, keeping you regularly informed of your claim’s progress and ensure that the case is resolved as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Start your claim today and you could soon be hundreds, or thousands of pounds better off.
Don’t let your bank get away with another mis-selling scandal.
Fill in the simple ‘Start Your Claim’ form to receive one of our claim packs, or simply click ‘Download Claim Pack’ if you wish to print and post your form.